Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Reflections of 2012

As 2012 comes to a close. it's time to look back and take stock of what have happened and what's next for 2013.

Personal life:

Have been married for a year and life is great. Being able to live with someone that I love and to care for her is something I do not take for granted. Now that she is overseas for a year, I will see how best to organise my time and ensure that I make best use of time at work and at home. Some re-orientation is possibly needed. I will spend more time with my family, especially my ageing grandpa. Also, this is probably a good time to catch up with friends, be active. Next, I shall make a commitment to run at least 3 times a week. Exercise keeps me healthy and helps me to relax.

The biggest joy to the family this year is probably the arrival of my niece! 3 weeks old now. ha. though still sleeping through most part of the day but just observing her while she is sleeping is therapeutic. So looking forward to her growing up and I wish my brother and sis in law all the joy and fun in bringing up a cute little princess. may she be healthy, kind and intelligent.

Otherwise, I am thankful that family members are healthy and happy. sometimes, nothing too exciting can be a blessing too. If possible, I hope to go for a short family trip with my family in first quarter of next year.


Work:

Feels happy and accomplished to have completed 2 courses and received distinguished graduate awards. Moving on to the next phase of my career.. daunting and exciting at the same time. There are a few priorities at work now:

1. Getting to know the people, gain acceptance and trust, get plugged into the new environment
2. Getting to know the office, the work procedures and the systems.
3. Train the team and prepare the team to meet objectives.
4. Be involved in important projects - anything exciting that I can take up?

What my boss says: (1) Spend time with the people, grow and develop people (2) Stay healthy (3) delegate tasks that you find boring to other people =) 

2013 is probably a critical year for me to work hard and look for opportunities to accelerate my career. I will give it a try.

Finance:

Nothing much exciting. Doing fine. got to find means to accelerate and grow wealth. action plan needed. challenging macro environment. 








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home