Monday, March 05, 2007

Feeling stressted! What should I do now?

I am feeling stressed, more stressed than usual because of the number of projects I have on hand. It is more stressful than studying per se cos I am not in total control of the situation. Worse, there are considerable differences in standards and expectations among group members. I always strive to achieve excellence and to do my very best in everything that I am involved in, but it seems that very few, if any, people share the same aspirations and goals with me. I simply cannont understand why people are satisfied with mediocracy. I cant understand why peopl wont feel ashame of themselves for delivering work of extreme poor quality.. doesn't it daunt on them that their work reflects on themselves? Simply shameless.

It is stressful because:

1. I must work doubly hard to cover for the inadequacies.
2. I have to always push people to work.
3. I feel lonely cos no one seems to care. "Pass will do attitude sucks!"
4. I am angry that I am always doing more when everyone is sharing the same grades. It is a selfish thought but it is so much easier for me to work alone and score an A grade. I understand that we must learn to work in team/ group, but I rather choose to work in a top-notch group wtih people who are highly motivated. Team work doesnt equate to accomodating free-riders.
5. I need to constantly fight against forces of bad influence and maintain a frame of excellence. Where to find my motivation?

I missed the days in JC. My dearest classmates who are probably ten times better. More responsible, more motivated and highly intelligent. There is so much to learn from my peers as compared to the situation I am in now.

I Shall Take Positive Action:
1. First things first - Prioritise
2. Clear my mind of all negtaive thoughts
3. Look on the bright side on things
4. Be focused. Do not bother with unimportant things.
5. Work hard, Play less and play later.
6. Look out for good things, good news, good people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home